Get A Moving Quote for England

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4

Get A Moving Quote

Moving From Details

Moving To Details

Your Information

Why Use Removals Finder

Trusted & Reliable

Every Move is Different! Our industry experts review every enquiry

Time Saving

Saves you time and effort in finding the right removals company

Mover Match

Our team will match your services with the best movers in the UK

Price Match

You will receive 5 moving quotes that match the removals service required

Removals England-buttons

Removal Services in England

Removals to, offer a complete relocation service to England. Your call will be taken by a highly experienced relocation co-ordinator who will assist you in achieving the best possible method, price and service level for the relocation of your personal effects to England. Your co-ordinator will take care of every aspect of your relocation from door-to-door and will remain in constant contact to give you up-to-date status report’s and advice until you are happily settled in your new home abroad.

Specialist Vehicles

Weekly Departures

Storage Options

Packing Options

House Removals

Office Relocation

Choice Of Services

Full & Part Loads

3 Easy Steps for the Best Quote on the Market

3 steps removals quote
Woman sitting on a sofa

Further Information on Moving to England

England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom. It shares land borders with Scotland to the north and Wales to the west. The English Lowlands are to the south of the Pennines, consisting of green rolling hills, including the Cotswold Hills, Chiltern Hills, North and South Downs—where they meet the sea they form white rock exposures such as the cliffs of Dover. The granite Southwest Peninsula in the West Country includes upland moorland, such as Dartmoor and Exmoor, and enjoys a mild climate; both are national parks. The weather is damp relatively frequently and is changeable. The coldest months are January and February, the latter particularly on the English coast, while July is normally the warmest month. The Greater London Urban Area  is by far the largest urban area in England and one of the busiest cities in the world. England’s economy is one of the largest in the world, Usually regarded as a mixed market economy, it has adopted many free market principles, yet maintains an advanced social welfare infrastructure. London is the largest financial centre in Europe, and as of 2009 is also the largest in the world.

The National Health Service (NHS) is the publicly funded healthcare system in England responsible for providing the majority of healthcare in the country.

The Department for Transport is the government body responsible for overseeing transport in England. Bus transport across the country is widespread, the red double-decker buses in London have become a symbol of England. Rail transport in England is the oldest in the world: passenger railways originated in England in 1825. The largest airport is London Heathrow, which is the world’s busiest airport measured by number of international passengers.

The Department for Education is the government department responsible for issues affecting people in England up to the age of 19. State-run and -funded schools are attended by approximately 93% of English school children. After finishing compulsory education, pupils take a GCSE examination , following which they may decide to continue in further education for two years. Further education colleges, such as sixth form colleges and prepare students to sit A-Level examinations, for higher education at universities. Students normally enter universities in the United Kingdom from 18 onwards.

England’s universities include some of the highest-ranked universities in the world; the University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, the University of Oxford  and University College London are all ranked in the global top 10 in the 2010.

Some website links for information on England


A tourist visa that anyone gets when they visit allows for a 6 month stay without working. Be forewarned that you may be required to prove to the satisfaction of one or more civil servants that you have enough money to meet your expenses for the duration of your stay (if you don’t, the U.K. Border Agency has the right to put you on the next plane back to where you came from). You may also be required to show your return ticket. The longer your planned stay the more likely they’ll question you about these matters.

You can access healthcare for free depending on your visa status. If your country belongs to the European Union or you are on a student or work visa, then you can use the National Health Service (NHS) for free. If you are on a Visiting Visa, though, you may not be eligible for that, though you won’t be turned away from an NHS hospital in an emergency.

Everyone entering the UK needs to be in possession of a valid passport. Moreover, nationals of most countries outside the US, Canada, Australia, the EU and EEA (including Switzerland) are subject to visa regulations. For detailed and up-to-date information, please consult the website of the UK Border Agency or your nearest British Embassy or Consulate.

Citizens of an EU or EEA member state (including Switzerland) are free to work, study and live in the UK for an unlimited period of time without visa or work permit. Other foreign nationals, except Commonwealth citizens, must apply for their visa before coming to the UK.

If you are on an expat assignment, you are most likely to fall under the Intra-Company Transfer (Tier 2) regulations. Your employer will apply for a work permit on your behalf. Others include the Tier 1 categories Exceptional talent, Entrepreneur, Investor, or Post-study work. They enable selected applicants to enter or remain in the UK in order to seek employment.

All visa and work permit requests are processed by the British Home Office or one of its departments. As a general rule, leave plenty of time between your application and your intended date of departure. Your family and dependants should apply for their visa and/or work permit at the same time as you.

Consider studying in the U.K. If you are offered a place from a U.K. university, you are then eligible for a study visa which allows you to work up to 20 hours a week. Studying in England has become more expensive, but it is still a very rewarding experience. As of April 2012, work privileges have been changed and are dependent on your program of study. These changes can be found at the UKBA Home Office site .

If you are travelling to the UK from the European Union (EU), you can bring in an unlimited amount of most goods for your own use without paying tax or duty, but certain rules apply.

If travelling to the England from an International Country you must a form C3 must be completed by the member and submitted together with a packing list in English. In the case of recent purchases or new items, invoices may be required by Customs and Excise. All wines, spirits, tobacco, cigars, perfumes, toilet waters and any goods which have been owned and used for less than six months must be declared and are subject to Customs duty and VAT.

Documents Required

  • Customs Form (Import Declaration)
  • a) C-3 (Household goods and personal effects for primary residence)
  • b) C426 (for diplomatic entry)
  • Valid Passport
  • Visa may be required
  • Work Permit
  • Detailed Inventory in English, two copies, valued, dated and signed by Customer Keys for any locked items.

For an instant quotation simply complete our online quotation form or alternatively email or call free 0800 387 280 for instant advice or information.

What People Say?