We look at the cost of Shipping your furniture to Australia from the UK?
Planning to move to Australia and want to know the costs involved in Shipping your furniture & Personal effects to Australia.
The first step will be to book an appointment with our experienced international Coordinator to visit you, your home and contents or simply fill out our On-line form and upload a list of furniture you wish to ship or fill out our check list of items or you speak direct to our international Coordinator on Tel: 01527 520 246
During the appointment with our estimator you will be able to discuss and view all your items Shipping to Australia, along with all the Australian customs do’s and dont’s and duties.
The Estimator from this visit will be able to work out the:
- volume of shipping furniture to Australia,
- the access outside your property for a large vehicle,
- whether certain items need dismantling or require specialist packing.
REMEMBER AT THIS POINT TO DISCUSS AND HIGHLIGHT EVERYTHING WITH OUR COORDINATOR.
When it comes to the overall Cost of shipping your furniture to Australia many factors come into the cost, the main one being the volume of effects you have.
The volume of personal effects is vital when using shipping containers as there are 3 services to consider depending on your circumstances.
1. Sole Use Container – The shipping container to Australia can be loaded at your premises, subject to access, sealed in your presence and pre booked onto a vessel so offering greater control of how and when your goods arrive at destination.
2. Part Shipping Container to Australia – This service usually offers a considerable cost saving, but it will take longer for your possessions to arrive.
3. Less Than Container – This service involves placing your goods into a protective wooden case and then into a container which, once shipped, is distributed, in the wooden case.
20ft length 8.5ft height – holds 1000 to 1170 cubic feet of furniture – Average Cost £4000 to port
40ft length 8.5ft height – holds 2100 to 2390 cubic feet of furniture – Average Cost £6300 to port
When packing the container our operatives utilize every inch of space possible, including the inside of wardrobes and drawers. Even the space between the legs of a dining chair will be used for soft furnishings. Packing the container tightly not only eliminates movement in the load;It can save ££’s of YOUR money